Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What I See and Hear

Sometimes I want to blink and wake up in a world before I knew what I wanted to do with my life because since I've figured it out, nothing's been the same. Some people embrace what I've done, what I'm becoming, but others don't get it. They tell me I've forgotten them, I'm "too big" now... Who is big? Not me, I don't see a huge cashflow, I don't have my own house, I don't drive a Beamer... I'm just grinding. Hard. And all over NYC. This is the entertainment biz, one of the toughest ones out there and some of those who aren't involved with it think it's a bunch of bullshit, but it's what I love. I come home with this crazy news about a random break I made and my mom looks at me with disgust saying "You have to wear club clothes?", like I'm supposed to wear a suit to a hiphop function.

The most time I spend in one place is at my 9-5, and even then I work for an executive who has 50 people asking her questions within ten minutes and I have to step up and help her answer. Sure, I'm logged into myspace all day.. doesn't mean I'm there. Yes, my IM is up, but the reason I'm allowed to have it is to speak to my coworkers, other than that if I can talk to you I will, I'm not ignoring you. Yes, I thought I would be home on Wednesday night, but Wednesday morning I find out someone wants me to WORK in their PR division as a part time. What do you think that means? No longer going home Wednesday night at a reasonable hour, now I have a meeting. I'm not full of shit, I'm just trying to make something of myself.

So what are you doing writing in your blog if you're so busy, Elle? If I didn't sit down and let this out I'd probably flip the fuck out and curse at someone I never meant to. You have to release somehow and I choose to do it this way. To those who don't get it, I'm sorry that you don't but don't take my absence as me forgetting you or growing a big head. Everyone else tells me I'm one of the most down to earth people they've met. The others that have accepted my behavior, I thank you for your patience. And to all my real friends, I have love for you, please don't misread my actions.

Always,

Elle

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

I have been there before. My not so new anymore job takes up just about ALL of my time, and some people just dont understand that this is what i want to do. Even after I call them and make plans and spend tons of time with them it is never enough there is always something else. So i say dont worrie about it Elle, you just do what you got to do and don't worrie about the other sooner or later they will come around.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home