Friday, March 24, 2006

Sometimes All U Need Is Friends (as long as they are nuts like mine)

idAnyone have a hookup at a spa cause I truly need a damn massage/all over relaxing treatment. I've been running amuck trying to confirm who is and who is not coming to the show next Friday. I've made so many runs to the front of my building to buy and sell tickets that I think the security guys are starting to think I'm hustling something else. I can’t help but be siked by the idea of getting 25 + people to spend $50 on something I truly believe in. Apparently, I’m pretty good at causing a stir. So the 31st it is, my big night: Elle J shall be indicted to the world of event planning and organization. But, before we celebrate, let’s backtrack.


During lunch on Friday I sat through a very in-depth conversation where I realized I have yet another friend who shares my interests. This friend single handedly organized a annual block party in his neighborhood to promote education and interaction with the youth in his area. Now he’s working on his own non-profit. He’s 24. I’m jealous. But, with every new realization of talent I come across I see, more prevalent, the fact that this will all come together in some great effort to change the world. Isn’t that right Pinky?


Friday night I stayed home, go figure. But, Saturday it was time to clean up house because Game Night was on the horizon. Game Night, boy do we love ourselves one of those. For those of you who don’t experience such an evening in your own homes, I’ll elaborate. On said night families and friends gather in one household to shout, scream, laugh, argue (playfully), drink, eat and crash over a game of Taboo, Pictionary or something similar. Saturday night was Taboo, the place was my house and the turnout was absolutely perfect. Ten people showed up, and ten people are still talking about that night. Instead of me going through every scenario I’ve uploaded video clips to show you one round of each person that played (I know, I’m brilliant with shit like this), also wanted the participants to see how hilarious they all were.


First up Monse and Amy… these two! I truly thought I was going to have to pull the sofas out of the living room and putting up a boxing ring. Here is Amy, for those of you that weren’t there let me prelude by saying they argue over the validity of “Siegfried and Roy” versus “Sigfried Roy”




Amy finishes and they go back to arguing. Amy’s argument is that Monse “does this all the time”. To which Monse says, “How can you know what I do all the time, we just met?” lol.. listen carefully




Then there was me and Erica, she is SUCH a clown




Now it was Erica’s turn with Stork.




Bruno is just too much for his own good.




Marjorie is a champ.




Pablo begging Erica for help, hilarious.




Nikki, the Canadian “OK”




Nicole is quick with the buzzer




Jose can’t keep a straight face




With all the screaming and stomping until after midnight I’m not sure how I didn’t get the cops called on my apartment. At least 30 beer bottles later, everyone began to head out and I slept happily next to Nicole who wanted to snore her way into dreamland. Bastard! Muah, love u! Sunday I got called out to see V for Vendetta with a friend of mine. Said friend shall remain nameless because I’m about to blow us both up by use of a visual, but it’s sort of blurry and I’m thinking he won’t be recognized. Granted we haven’t known each other long but it’s become very obvious our dressing styles are similar based on that evening. When we met each other on the Upper East Side theater I glanced at him, cocked my head and said “_____, I think we’re wearing the same outfit”. How can he have on your outfit, Elle? He’s a guy. I was wearing Converse Chucks, a knit cap and jeans with my black coat, _____ was wearing the same, but the guy version. It wasn’t until we got into the theater and took our coats off that we realized even our tshirts were similar. “What is this? Twins day in high school?” his friend who was with us, laughed. So you KNOW we had to take a camera phone pic:



Uncanny and funny as hell… Movie was damn good too. It kept me breathless and pensive the whole time. I’d definitely suggest everyone see it. (SIDE NOTE!! Nicole took me to a pet store and MADE me play with a puppy… I came within moments of buying this little girl Yorkie until I found out she was $1686 – you HAVE to be shitting me?



Monday night I was at Candice’s house bullshitting until almost midnight. WHY Candice, WHY?! Tuesday night was my company’s huge client party that we had been preparing for since returning from NATPE. It was a tremendous success and I’m still beat because of it. Wednesday was a night of dinner, drinks and talk. I hate how wine makes me babble and become emotional, but then again what better way to get to know someone for who they really are. Hmph. Thursday Candice and I had to get back to Camaradas. It’s official- it is our night and our place to hang. Pics and story for that will come when Mario gets them to me! Until then, I’m off to see Latinas Don’t PMS- but boy do we!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

LOL now that was some funny stuff, your friends are crazy but i love it. They remind me of my friends.

the dude you went to the movies with is mad hot. You go Elle.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home