Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Six Degrees of Anxiety

Yesterday had to be one of the shittiest days I’ve experienced in a while. I was at an all time low that almost catapulted me into a fit of hysterics. With Friday’s show so close to arrival I hit that point of anxiousness where suddenly you think nothing will go right and everything will blow up in your face. My friend came close to bailing on me, seating arrangements were becoming incoherent because of additions and subtractions, to print or not to print VIP passes to Via, who is going to end up next to me, is there room for one more, why have I lost a good friend, what the fuck is up with me feeling so sick, was I lied to during my past relationship??? My head was spinning and my body about to collapse. It dawned on me that since February I have not averaged more than five hours of sleep a night. That has to take a toll on your body and brain.


Big Jose was headed to Copa, throwing an invite my way, but I held fast to my need for home and declined. Once there I reached out to Anthony, but he wasn’t available. I seriously thought I would fall victim to the body rocking insanity I’ve experienced twice in the past when dealing with an anxiety attack. Instead, I took several deep breaths, lit some candles, played some Yerbabuena and took some serious chill time. After an hour I felt my anxiety begin to unravel and by ten thirty I was sound asleep.


With eight hours of sleep under the belt, something I hadn’t experienced in so long, I was up and at ‘em before my alarm even went off. I felt incredibly better and fresh. It turns out Anthony had called me when I was asleep, his test had run late. What I understood at that moment was that I can no longer count on him to be my crutch. I can’t really count on anyone 100%, but that’s not a bad thing. I am building a new foundation for myself and who better to rely on to make it right than me?


WOOOOOSSSSSAAAAAAAAA…


In the past month, I’ve come to realize that as large as the Latino community in New York is, when it comes to the entertainment industry we are all so closely connected it’s scary. My Boy A knows Girl A because they met at a concert four years ago. Girl A knows Girl B because they worked on a pageant together. Girl B worked with Boy B on said pageant. Boy B manages Group A who are known by Boy C who works for radio station with Boy D. Boy D has brother who leads group B who has worked with concert producer A…. And what do all of these people have in common? They all know me, or I them, whichever way you want to look at it and I don’t think it’s a coincidence. The saying “six degrees of separation” is wrong, I think it’s more like two or three degrees. Good thing or bad thing? I think it could be a great thing, you just have to work it correctly. And I believe my purpose in knowing all of these people is to bring them together for something bigger.


WOOOOOSSSSSSAAAAAA…


< end enlightening moment due to radio commercial for movie called Slither.. nasty worms getting into people’s brains … KAMAN! >


I haven’t posted in a week so you know I need to catch up. Thursday, as I mentioned last post, was another run at Camaradas. Tato and I got to chat. Brucie and Mario kept me and Candice laughing. Some dude REALLY wanted to be down with us. Another dude was trying hard to be my suga daddy- um, no thanks I’ll pay for my own beer. NEXT!



The band holds it down as always



(THIS DUDE)



Elle: (Through smiling teeth) No really you can leave me alone now.


Candice: This chic!



Elle: Come on Candice, dance with me!



Brucie professes his love to a random stranger



Caught right in the middle of a networking convo!



Silly Mo Fo’s



 Damn Dominican Photographers!


On Friday I went to check out Latinas Don’t PMS for the first time. As much as I was already aware of the talent these ladies possessed, I STILL wasn’t ready to see how funny they were in action. For two hours they performed their comedy, and for the entire time the audience continued to laugh hysterically. I watched from my box seat and smiled down at them and stood for their ovation. Afterwards I was able to hang in the green room and congratulate them. Round two, the BIG night comes this Friday – cross your fingers for all of us.



Rhina Valentin



Iris Silverio



Elka Rodriguez



Alba Sanchez



from left to right: Tomoko Otsuka, Pope, Alfredo Galvan, Iris Silverio, Inma Heredia, Elka Rodriguez and Rhina Valentin (center) – Alba was off on the side getting constantly pulled away lol.


Saturday my boy Greg was performing in a play called Comrades. His performance was excellent as always, but it’s also a good excuse to get together with friends. There were at least 8 of us, BUT I’m STILL waiting on Big Jose’s pics- HELLOOOO, you’re killing me. Why did I forget my own camera that night? Here are the couple Nicole had.



Sunday I was Italian with some friends =o).


But now I’m almost back to Thursday and you know what that means =o)))))) ….

3 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

Hey Elle,
Just wishing you the best of luck with your big weekend!! Hope all goes well,and hope you get some much needed rest when its all over!!

:)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Best of luck tomorrow chica!

I love Yerbabuena!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Hey Elle,

Where have you been chica? I hope all is well and that the show was a success. Let us know how it went.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home