Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Where the Job Takes Me

I’ve reached what I think is a solid point in the path of my life, or at least a visible landmark, like a McDonald’s on a freeway. More than once in the past few months, I’ve been told by friends and fellow bloggers that I have such a cool job/life and people are living vicariously through me. No way! I say. My life is NOT that interesting. I work in mid-town NYC, in a high-rise, beautiful building, I run into celebs once in a blue, I’ve been issued my own biz card, may soon have a blackberry, I get flown to Vegas on all expense paid trips, and I work things like TV show wrap parties…wait. Maybe this IS cool. Maybe I’ve been so caught up in trying to make something of myself that I haven’t noticed I already am in the making. I’m only 24, not 40 and I’m here, at this place…and feeling damn nice about it. I work for a great company and my boss is so unbelievably cool that I wonder if asking to crash at her home for a weekend and make fun of the world would be inappropriate. I will never take for granted that I know how to handle any situation, but I have confidence that I can get through any potential mishap. I may not know exactly what I want as a career, but I believe I’m getting the feel for it. I love entertainment. I live for it. I want to be a part of it; that is certain. I love meeting people. I love being involved in new, fresh talent. Part of me wants to be new, fresh talent. I’ll figure it all out eventually, but in the mean time I’ll take the ride for what it’s worth and do my best to keep everyone saying, “Damn, can I be you for a day?”


Greg Behrendt in Vegas @ NATPE 2006 - funny, cool ass dude- comedian and soon to be TV talk show host


Richard Karn - host of Family Feud and all around sweetheart


Kansas or an Ikea carpet?


Colorado Rockies


Closest I may ever get to the Grand Canyon


Good Ol' Strip

3 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

I think i have seen those Rockie mountains before?

You do have a cool job and life and i am one of those people living through you. :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I wish you would've told me ahead of time so I could've gone outside and waved at your plane when it flew over the Rockies.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Travelwahine said...

Absolutely! I definitely think you live a glamorous, fun life. You're like Carry Bradshaw in Sex and the City, but much prettier. I meant to leave a comment to your last post, when I read it I was like "WOW, how lucky is she and how exciting".

Keep your head up and enjoy the ride.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home