Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Show Must Go On

I'm beginning to forget what my own cooked food tastes like, from what I remember it's rather good. When I arrived home from Florida a few weeks ago, I told myself that in order to save money I would start cooking for myself and bring bagged lunches to work. I've done neither. Instead I eat at my desk because I'm too busy at work, and run to restaurants for dinner because I have so many people to meet with. I'm not complaining, I'm just not used to it yet. My mom tells me I'm going to wear myself thin. I'm still young, I tell her, this is my time to do what I have to. I'll worry about the sporadic eating and bags under my eyes later...

So after that last Thursday, I ended up @ Via on Friday. Club promoting is something I'm toying with, but for the most part I will do it the nights I can incorporate it with an event like the 3/31 performance of Latinas Don't PMS. (Tickets are selling quickly, but I still have some if anyone is interested). Having been to Via twice, and with this being it's first Friday night opening, I had to call people out. What started out as a quiet night with one beer, ended up a packed house and me not being able to focus long enough to remember people's names. All the pics can be found on dnjnyc.com but here are the ones I took...



Don't you want to come? Well the party is every Friday, for more info go to www.dnjnyc.com


Saturday was going to be Game Night. I was SET on it being game night...but everyone and their mother had spring fever (70 degrees, wtf?) so in the end it was me, Pablo and a feeling woozy Nicole. Pablo and I agreed to reschedule and then I fed Nicole ginger ale and crackers. At 9:30 I got a call from the weekend birthday boy, Stephen, who told me the Seaport was on and poppin because of the warm weather. Nicole jumped from the couch, "Seaport?" Always a fan of outdoor activities Nicole was suddenly sparked with non-woozy life. I double checked on her health status, and when she proved to be fine we got ready to catch the ferry.

There is never a dull moment with Nicole around, as I've posted before, and the ferry ride was no different. She makes fun of everything and everyone and I'm sure one day I'm going to be beat the shit out of in her defense. We boarded the ferry and settled in Nicole's "special section" in which she sits every day on her way to work. I was absolutely starved and asked her where the snack bar was. She told me it was one level up. I compared the pain my highheeled wearing feet were already in to my need for food and slumped further in the seat. There was no way I was walking that far. I saw both men and women come in and out of a door that lead to a room I couldn't see from the angle I was sitting at.

"Cole? Is that the snackbar?"

"No, Elle. That's the bathroom."

Being she takes the ferry every morning, I took her word for it. But then I saw even more people come in and out of the room.

"Cole, you SURE that's the bathroom and not the snack room."

"Elle, I take this EVERYDAY, of course I'm sure."

I waited a few more minutes and when I saw a woman walk out of the room with a beer, I realized Nicole was very wrong. "It IS the snackbar ya dope!"

With a sigh of relief, I hobbled to the room, which was in fact the snackbar... but to my dismay all food was gone and there was only a line (long line) for beer. I walked my aching feet back to my seat. My stomach continued to growl throughout the boat ride, but I was distracted by fits of retardedness Nicole and I were experiencing.


Once off the boat we tried to catch a cab, but on a gorgeous night like that it was close to impossible. I started to sing new lyrics to Ne-yo's "So Sick" that went along the lines of "so sick of high heels, so tired of pain, so sick of wishing, i had sneakers on". I was becoming delirious with no alcohol in my system. Luckily a cab finally turned toward us and saved Nicole from my singing any further.

At Cabana's we met up with Stephen, Carlos, Julia, Laura and about 4 other people I had not met when hanging out with them previously. I begged the bartender to let me order an appetizer and when he agreed got myself beef empanadas. Nicole and I washed those down with some  Stackhouse (sp?) (nice combo right?) and then we were off. There was a stop at the massage chairs outside Cabanas, Laura and Julia just had to try them out.


Once the girls got their moments of pleasure we dissected into teams of 3 to hail cabs to the village. I think I was the clever one who said we should walk up Fulton away from everyone else. At least I thought it was a smart idea, but somehow we were the absolute last team to get a cab. We were dropped off at McDougal and 3rd and I was transported into some other dimension. Can you believe my ass has never been to the village at night? It was so reminiscent of Thursday night barhopping @ RU that I almost began to tear. The night was still beautiful and because of it there were hundreds of people in the streets. We found the rest of our crew and headed into the Village Lantern. Sure it was just some bar but the music was decent and before I knew it we were there until nearly three in the morning, after which we had some nasty gyros at Pita something or other, but that's irrelevant. The night was one of unexpected fun and I'll let the pictures tell the story.

 



Ahhh... good times.


And what did I do Sunday? Watch Sopranos and chill.. thank Goodness. Tony getting shot is pointless, u know his ass can't die in the first episode. Who would watch after that?


I'm off kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

You always have to most exciting weekends. High heels KILL me but sometimes you just have to look good so i put up with the pain.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home