Sunday, March 05, 2006

What Goes Up...

"Yo Elle! Why aren't you blogging? We know your ass just came back from Miami, you gotta have stories!" EEhhhhh... I had this LONG blog with pics and all from the weekend before last, craziness before I even GOT to Miami... but then I got bummed out and didn't feel like sharing. I realize there are some things I feel the need to put out there and other things that I just need to keep to myself. What has to be said is that my life has changed drastically in the past few weeks. I rode this crazy train of excitement for more than a week, but the last stop was Miami and when I arrived back to NYC it was as if someone swept the carpet out from under me. Reality set in and it was a hell of a bitch. It's no secret that I am now living on my own and that the line of events everyone had planned out for me will not be playing themselves out as expected. When I got back from Miami, I opened the door to an empty apartment, dropped my bags and cried. I'm not afraid to admit that because I think it's a great form of release. The frustration, the questioning, the stupidity... just washed out of me. When I woke up the next morning I felt better about my situation and about myself. A girlfriend of mine had to do a complete 180 to rid herself of the pain that had encompassed her life, I had to do one in order to stop questioning myself and dwelling on people's actions.


I spent the weekend rebuilding, both emotionally and literally. Ikea will be the death of me... between having to round my neighbors to help me put together a couch, and then spending TWO hours putting a drawer chest together by my SELF.. I began to feel super empowered. I can do this. I WILL do this.


I was going to write a lot more, but let's leave it at that for now and I'll end this with some pics from my Florida trip. MUCH love to Ayanai, Terra and Sira who showed me such a good time during my visit. And to JL and Omar for making us feel like we have no clue how to dance lol...And Hec for listening =o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

You look absolutely beautiful in your pics.
I'm really sorry to read about the carpet being pulled from under you. I hope that you continue to be strong, and look to friends and family for support when you need to. It works!

Take care

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Hang in there!
Just remember what the guy who swallowed the golfball said.
"This too, shall pass."
:)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Aww Elle, I am sorry to hear about you and Ant. I am always avaliable if you need someone to talk to.

I agree with Des you always look beautiful in you pic's. Is that Tyson Beckford and Method Man in the pic's towards the end?

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home