Friday, April 21, 2006

I Never Thought I'd Say This...

but DAYUM does it feel great to be home on a Friday night! This is a first and I'm loving every minute of it. But, it's FRIDAY, Elle are you shitting me? Nope and here's why. Let's recap: Monday late night at home, emotional distress to follow. Tuesday, the mosquito morning from hell, the approved clinical drugs that knocked me out, the meetings and all night eating/drinking affairs. Wednesday, all day training, hardly eating, working late. Thursday worked straight from 9 to 6:30, then received my first spa treatment EVER, a massage @ Glow Skin Spa courtesy of my boss (she's a Godsend, truly).. I must pause to elaborate on this. Imagine working a rough f'in week and then your boss tells you "Go get a massage, my treat". You arrive at this Fen Shui haven, sing song through the sounds of the ocean and rainforest into a serene room where you are rubbed down in island coconut oil. I get tingles just talking about it. This went on for an hour and every moment I was ready to cry because I knew the end was closing in. An hour later it finally did and I felt emotionally connected to the woman that rubbed me down the right way. As I regrouped and redressed I was instantly reminded that I had something else to do that evening... go back to work. Hey, everything has it's price right? There was a 3 million dollar deal riding on the creation of 4 power point presentation print outs (try saying that ten times fast). I get back to work by 7:30 and there is chaos, the color printers aren't working- of course. The next two hours that follow, if sped up to the tune of that song they always play in cartoons when things go by very quickly Race of the Bee or some shit, would have been hilarious. But, while it was happening it was quite stressful. My boss showed up as well in the break between her own spa treatment and a dinner meeting. "Nice choice with the coconut oil, I smelled you from the hallway." Cracks me up, that woman. Two hours, and five calls to Fedex later it was 9:30p and I was finally calling a car service to get my ass home.... only to jump in my car and head BACK to the city to go to Camaradas. Yea, yea I know I'm crazy, but Candice needed an outlet and I needed to speak with Tato. Long story short I was home and in bed at 1:30 and tired as shit this morning. Got through the day just fine with all my work done, BUT I was supposed to meet up with someone for a meeting and partying outing. I literally dragged my ass home and crankily started to change when I got the call saying everything was canceled and instead I could stay home in my jammies and research from my couch. Ain't life grand? .. Oh and I'm fully recovered.. no more Angelina Jolie pout for me!=o*

2 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Sometime staying home is the best way to regroup and get some work done. Dayum girl you are one busy chic. Make sure you take that time out to take care of yourself. Like you should go out and buy yourself something nice. :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

i agree with karla on all points. sometimes staying home is just the ticket and with your busy hectic days you deserve to treat yourself. it was so nice of your boss to treat you to a massage, how cool! you really deserved it though. =)

ps. i'll be heading to nyc in two weeks. =)^2

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home