Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Mini-me Smiles

Christmas is normally a time of year where you're reminded time and time again how fortunate you are, and while I am fortunate I am also highly stressed the **** out. I had way too much time to think about my life and what's going on in it this week. My best friend was MIA, other people I might pass the time with were doing this and that, and my family has the tendency to ask too many questions. I couldn't wait to get back to work just to escape it all. Now that I'm here I see there's nothing for me to do but sit around and think of ways to distract myself. Collecting pictures of Imani helps. She has a theraputic effect on me, it tells me that at some point my life will finally make sense and that I might be blessed with a child as special as she is.


She's really Candice's mini-me, but yesterday I dressed her up in a matching velour suit complete with Converse Chucks





Took her all around the island as well.


This is what she looked like on Xmas



Little princess.


...


There are moments in my life when things seem normal



But they don't seem to last as long as they used to... they flutter in and out like a weird dream and I'm left trying to grab a hold of them. Every action is based on the long run, but how can you get to the long run without surviving the now?

3 Comments:

Blogger kelly430kud said...

aww that little girl is soooo cute!! those eyes!! anyways i STILL haven't seen king kong lol My friend had to cancel on me so hopefully we will see it this week. I'm hoping to start working mid January. Like after martin luther king's day. (16th?) It depends though cause i'm waiting on the offer letter, and its STILL not here lol I can't wait! haha Did you have a good xmas??

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica R. said...

What cute pictures - she definitely is a little princess. Don't we all hope to have a child so beautiful one day? I always wonder how my kid will look - act - etc...ok now you have me thinking too much!! Take care and stay busy - seems you might just be in one of those moments in life.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

awww that Imani, she is too cute. It looks like you had a nice christmas.

i can't wait until i have kids i can only hope that they are as cute as imani. i hope you have a happy new year.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home