Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thursday Night Delights

Two nights ago I was supposed to clear up a few things going on in my life, but instead got persuaded into watching my weekly shows on MTV : Making the Band 3 and Run's House. I'll admit that the former is simply a dirty pleasure for the part of me that is entertained by girls bickering constantly and me imagining how fun it would be to run up there and slap 'em (yes, I can be evil)... Run's House, on the other hand is pure hysterical entertainment. Please tell me someone but me, Anthony and Marj watch this shit b/c I desperately want it back on the air for another season. Run, a.k.a Reverend Run from Run DMC, is the father to five kids and husband to a cute and funny wife named Justine. MTV cameras followed them around for the summer of 2005 and I was disappointed to find out there were only something like six episodes. This family is FUNNY with their patriarch saying shit like "it's not white water rafting, we're black so it's dark water rafting" ...and "people don't go bear hunting, they go bear hiding"...Maybe you have to watch the show to get it, but I'm in tears of laughter every week.. and now it's over until God knows when


Last night Anthony and I went to Charlie Brown's. One piece of advice, unless there are four people eating with you do NOT order the double layer carrot cake. Never in my life have I seen something like this



Don't be fooled.. that plate is at least NINE INCHES LONG. It was the most intimidating piece of food I had ever come across. We didn't make it through even half.


What we did do was have a long talk about what it is we want from the next few years of our lives, what endeavors we're going to occupy our time with, and what we're going to need from each other in order to get started. People compromise to many things when they are engulfed by fear, it's only time that can determine what they will say when they are no longer scared...

2 Comments:

Blogger kelly430kud said...

I have NO IDEA why I get hooked on these MTV shows lol I have to admit though I watch Run's house too! haha I was dying when he was imitating that band on the table.. i forget what song or the details but i'm sure if you saw it you know what i'm talking about lol He's a funny guy!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Elle J said...

Kelly- "THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST OF YOUUUUUUU" it's the Foofighters lol

PV- I really need to watch Earl, you're not the only one who's told me about it.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home