Thursday, December 15, 2005

Auditions for Tricktickler L Sweetness

I guess I need to explain the title:


On Monday I went for my first ever audition. It was a VJ thing of sorts that was listed on craigslist. Off the bat I had to wonder if it was even legit, but when I arrived at the Film Center on 9th Ave, I could tell I was amongst professionals. There were four other nervous latina 20 somethings, pacing the narrow waiting room and repeating "Hey Everybody my name is ____ and I'm here to welcome you to the 2005 ESPY awards... blah blah blah". No one looked the other in the eye, no one glanced my way when I walked in the room. I was briefed on the nature of the position and then given the same passage to memorize. It occurred to me that memorizing would not be my problem, my nerves would be the thing to bring me down. Fortunate for me, unfortunate for others the girl before me was terribly nervous and screwed up continuously even calling the ESPY awards the E-S-P-Y Awards. I took a deep breath and relaxed after hearing that. When the casting director came out and asked if anyone else was ready I said to hell with studying any more and jumped up. Did I do well? I definitely didn't suck. I made him laugh and I think my personality came through which is what he said he was really aiming to get. After five minutes it was over, he told me I had a great headshot and that he'd be in touch. When I left that building I felt different, not dramatically, but just a boost of confidence. One audition down and hopefully many more to come...


as for Tricktickler... go to


http://www.playerappreciate.com/pimphandle.asp  and you'll see where that came from.



I'm currently battling a hangover and lack of sleep. Yesterday was my dept's holiday party ... aka let's all spend 10 straight hours drinking. The most fabulous time I've ever had with coworkers lol. I'm going to post some of the pics.



Pre -drunkness...



Suozzi and Kaitlin made some furry friends




If Mike was retarded enough to make the face, I'm putting him on blast lol.. (with Beetz & Such)




Beetz & Junior Beetz




Mr. Travel Man, Lee




So sweet it makes my teeth hurt




A little "happy" with Vinnie and Cat




Ok Mike you acted normal in at least one pic so I'll post it.



It was a damn fun time, one I greatly needed. Thanks for making it happen peeps.

1 Comments:

Blogger kelly430kud said...

hey girl.. i have my company party today! I hope I have as much fun as did! OH, and I got the job in the city! Sony is in the same block...

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home