Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Angels and Mad Alices

I have yet to receive any photos from that crazy shoot, but they will be up in due time.. In the mean time I must recap on what ended up being one of my most fun birthdays to date. Since my actual birthday (10/26 - document it, I expect cards next year ) was the day of my company's big sales event, I had no time to realize that I had reached twenty four years of age. Somewhere between watching the guestlist and fumbling for a mike, it dawned on me that I had turned one year older admist the madness that was my day, but it was a fluttering moment and gone before I could dodge a request for more name badges. It wasn't until Saturday that I had enough moments to breathe and contemplate what being 24 meant... First thought, one more year to 25 - holy f'in shit. That's like ADULTHOOD, real adulthood, not that semi-somewhat-adulthood I am experiencing now. You turn 25 and somehow you're supposed to suddenly have purpose in life. I refuse to NOT have purpose a year from now, so we'll see what I come up with.


Saturday - October 29th (my fake bday), and the night of twenty different Halloween parties in NYC. What idiot would wait until that morning to get a costume? -----> IDIOT HERE<------- I ran to the mall first thing and elbowed an eight year old out of my way as I grabbed the angel wings she was reaching for. She wasn't hurt by it and she had a huge advantage over me: a mom who would put down the house mortage for her sweet daughter's costume. I, on the other hand, was broke and a $7 pair of wings was all I could afford. With that done I trekked back home for a disgruntled nap. WHY does EVERYONE want to call me during a nap and never when I'm home bored? Evening arrived and with it the arrival of Ely and Pablo who would be camping at my house for the evening. Pablo documented our three block trip to mom's house in a very Blairwitch-like film. I pretended to be surprised that people were at mom's house to greet me, but really was surprised that everyone made it there before me (I can't help but run on PR time).



We got down and dirty with grandma's pernil y arroz con gandules... I ate some cake



Others sat in it.... hope you didn't ruin your jeans Erick!

Candice came through with Imani. I have great footage of her that I'll post later on.


Bruno is that you??? And your girlfriend Gloria?? 'Bout damn time ya'll make it. Poor Pab, over there in the corner, spent so much time behind the vid camera he hardly showed up in pics. Don't worry boo, I got you in action!


The witching hour called and Ely and I changed into our Halloween gear, we the only fun ones in the group



Her twins are SO comfy!



And now for one of my most favorite moments of the evening... watch the footwork and then watch how she figures out what might solve the problem at the end:


Upload Video at JussPress.com


Just want to squeeze her to pieces



Marj was the umm... caped crusader? ... actually she was supposed to be a black Angel in opposition to me but her damn wings broke!



My mother tried to get me to wear a coat, do you SEE those wings? She then threw this huge wrap on me that I really think was just a fresa from the guest bedroom.We almost didn't make it to the club because a cabbie had a vendetta on us and nearly knocked us off the road, making the rest of my night a blur. There was something about a backdoor entrance to Deep, crazy costumes all around and music pumping so well and for so long that I couldn't stop dancing. People I haven't seen in ages came out to party with me.

Jose, you don't look lopsided! Diana, Karina - I miss you guys! Ya'll look banging! Dotts, you FINALLY came out to a club with me. What's that make it? five years since Amazura?? DAYUM. Besides the strobing lights and foggy air, the time change threw me for a loop and no one's watches were in synch. So I have no idea as to what time we really left the club. I do know that I suddenly appreciated the cape/blanket my mother supplied me with because none of us had a clue as to where we parked the car, and sadly none of us were even drunk. It took about ten minutes but we finally figured it out and realized we were all pretty damn hungry. Plans were made to meet up with Marj and Erick at Miller's so we took the detour into BK only to find out Miller's was closed - since WHEN?? Ugh. There was no other choice... we had to do it.. we hit up...

Murder burger drive through... Anthony's window was on crack and slid down at the rate of a snail race. "Slow motion fo me, slow motion fo me" he sang, as he order our 20 burgers and said thank you after each item (he has this fear they will spit in his food if he's not extra nice). I think by the time we got home and began munching on our rationed five to a person burgers, it was nearly 5am - real time, not the fake time that occurs when clocks go back an hour. Anthony was so tired he fell asleep eating his last burger, why don't I have a pic of that? Ely slipped out before any of us recovered Sunday morning, although she swears she made a mess of noise walking into the hangers I have hanging from Anthony's workout bar. None of us heard anything, the advantage of comatose sleep.

Pablo: "Did I really eat White Castle @ 5am??" Yes, babe, you did. We all did and we're all paying for it still with funny tummies and legs that are swollen from dance fever, but wasn't it all worth it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

LOL @ Whitecastle, Man you guys had to be hungary to eat that.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home