Saturday, June 25, 2005

There's no such thing as bad publicity...

Onto the funny story... So, as I've been aware for years, my life is INCREDIBLY ironic. Today was no different. You've all seen some of my modeling pics, well here's a quick summary of what "modeling" I do. My photographer, Nathan (who is my photography gift from God) takes my photos at no charge with the exception of me signing a release form for him to post them on a stock photo website, and use them on his own biz cards. Said website then sells his pics without copyright. He gets pennies for them, but the main thing is exposure. Same for me, I can end up on a damn billboard. You just never know. WELL...
Last night I get an angry txt message from my gay girl friend who is suddenly mad I didn't tell her I was gay. I'm like "huh?" Granted, I find some women extremely hot but I'm nowhere near categorizing myself as such. So I call her and she barks at me and tells me to stop denying it that she saw my flyer. "My Flyer? What in the hell are you talking about?" It is at this point that she says "Holy Shit, Elle! You don't know about the flyer?" She proceeds to shout at me to get online asap and then scans and forwards me a picture. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, I chose the former. This flyer, a 4 x 6 promo card like the ones used for clubs, has one of my modeling pics with the words ALL AMERICAN DYKE airbrushed across my wifebeater (tanktop). I broke into a fit of laughs. Moreso, it turns out I'm actually on their website as well. Granted, if the pic had been completely altered and placed on something absurd or harmful I would take some kind of legal action, but the flyer was cute and the website is for an online store that sells gay items like rainbow key chains and t shirts. It's nothing crazy. And I could careless about people's sexual orientation so WHO cares. I called Anthony and my Godmother who could not stop laughing and then Nathan who said he was so thankful I take things in good humor. In the end he said he's going to contact the site and the company and asked to have my pics removed from future productions, and he will offer them a model who is gay instead. I told him to try and get some money for himself out of it. I honestly think I can write a novel about my life exactly as it's happened and NO ONE would believe it was all real. Who knows, you may just see my advertisement on the side of a building in NYC's Village sometime soon. Told ya, I'm going to be famous one way or another lol....

(P.S. I'm contemplating posting the pic of the flyer. I don't want it stolen off this site. So if anyone knows the html code to stop the copying of pictures from websites (and I know there is one) please forward it to me. Thanks!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

LOL...OMG Elle that is too funny.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hi Elle - I've never commented on your blog before. I am a husge fan of Jerk of All Trades, and he is a HUGE fan of yours!!

I think it's great that you have a good sense of humor about these kind of things. I don't understand why people get so uptight about everything these days. It just goes to show how confident you are in yourself.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home