Thursday, May 18, 2006

Guys Are Like Bags of Potato Chips



I don't remember what the analogy was, I just know that the person who told it to me has a great tendency to make me laugh very often.

I've been MIA for nearly a month and it's not coincidental, I have in fact found the need to take a break from my online life. There is a lot going on in both my personal and professional life, and I've come to realize I can't put myself out there as much as I used to. Celebs and talent I work with could try to sue my ass one day for putting them on blast... unless I change their names... I think I'll leave that for the novel. Yes, there will be one. I even have a title, but I'm not sharing yet. Just know that all of you out there who have been beating me upside the head to finally get my stories to paper will be met with a novel I hope you'll enjoy... let's just see how long it takes me to write it.

The personal life has taken some serious twists and turns. A lot of heartache, but a lot of laughter as well... I have some good friends and family out there to help me through. Just hope I can somehow repay them one day for being there for me like they have been.

I've taken at least 150 pics in the past month, mainly due to me visiting PR, but I'm not going to post them all, maybe just a few. PR was an interesting time... I met many realizations while I was out there, about myself and about the society of people from which my history derives. So many debates have been ignited and extinguished in the past few weeks over political issues. I have no idea whose answers are correct, if it were that easy there wouldn't be turmoil in the first place. There's a lot more going on in this world that I need to be aware of, instead of being so caught up in wondering how I'll get passed my own bullshit.

Here are some pics to sum up the past few weeks....


The view from my condo on Isla Verde beach, Puerto Rico


Dr. Pedro Albizu Campos memorial


A Taino Indian Demonstration in Old San Juan


Me and my beautiful Mom


My too cute for words, little cousin JJ


My "cousin" Gessie and her adorable son Isael (gotta love those PR names)


My "twin" cousin Xavi .. I love our broken Spanglish communication methods


Celebrated Nikki's bday by taking her out to the Frying Pan


Then continued the celebration @ China Club the next evening.. We have good genes don't we?


A bunch of peeps came out to celebrate with us.. including Pablo and Gil a.k.a my bodyguards


The infamous lovely cousin trio picture


Is she having a blast or what?


Three generation mommy's day


A friend stops by... no, I'm not pregnant.. but isn't my shirt cute?

So there you have it folks.. the best update I can give you...

4 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

Hmmm a friend huh?

Well Elle :) Hope you're doing ok, it sounds like you have a lot going on, but remember everything happens for a reason, and remember that everything you are going through will only make you stronger and smarter.

Cuidate!!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Glad you are back, I am doing ok busy as well. Like always great pic's. I understand about taking a break. You know i am always here if you need someone to talk to.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Bags of potato chips....um..we're mostly air?

We're salty and go good with dip?

This one's gonna bother me until I find the answer.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

where are u girl? update! :)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home