Saturday, July 30, 2005

We're Gonna Write!

So Jen IMs me simply saying "So I've decided I want to write".
"Well that's nice Jen, I've just decided that I no longer like mailing list and may possibly destroy my computer with a blow torch."
She laughs and then says, "No really, I'm serious and I'm recruting you."
I'm thinking it's a bandwagon I need to jump on. Somehow my life got in the way of my writing, a showdown between Manhattan's busy streets and the simplicity of a pen. I got lazy and instead of working on my own creativity, fell to letting others tell me stories. Got through Life or Pi, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Harry Potter 5 and now on the 6th (as u can see, small break from chic lit). I've let distraction overcome me for to long, so to B & N we go (I just found out they let you SIT there w/o buying books- no f'in way. Can you see I've been buying my books online for too long. Forgot how bookstores smell). Or maybe it will be Starbucks.. which would soon lead to me being overweight with those damn Fraps or Carmel Machiattos that my coworker tries to push on me everyday like a corporate hustler.

I'm ready, Jen! I'm ready, pen! Let's do it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Girl let me tell you when i saw you as the Featured Model on Mija and then i saw that you had two piece and are the head writer for Ny/NJ i just about died. I was so excited for you. Good luck with the writing thing. I know that you are going to go far chica.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home