Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Waging War on the Bug

There's a reason I haven't been able to sleep for the past three nights... someone's made a home of my apartment and it's not some cute golden retriever. It's not just one, but THREE mosquitoes found there way into my bedroom (of all places) and have eaten me and Anthony half alive. There are bites in places I can't even mention! We killed one the first night, and then two the second... we thought it was over but last night JUST as my thoughts drifted to buttery clouds and sunny skies I hear BUUUZZZ in my ear. We threw on the lights, went into attack mode, but saw nothing. Lying in bed once more I held 90% of my body under the covers and started to sweat profusely. How is it possible for something that is 1/1000000 the size of your body to be so threatening? Soon enough Anthony felt a bite and surrendered to his tormentor, with a retreat to the living room. I followed and somehow ended up crammed on the love seat - me, a 5'5" full bodied woman balled up on a loveseat... Needless to say I have bags under my eyes and I'm sleeping with my eyes open today. But tonight... I return to the war, wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

Geez that sucks! I hate mosquitos, and now we have to worry about west nile!

1:41 PM  
Blogger kelly430kud said...

LOL omg BUY SOME MOSQUISTO spray! WHen you hear it just spray and get under the covers lol You'll smell like bug spray but you'll win the war lol

9:30 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

AHHH be careful girl those mosquistos are crazy. I hope you were able to get rid of it.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home